Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Thank You Note

I got the following email this morning...

Hello Bob,

I’m sure you don’t remember, but you dutifully met with me in 1985 to reviewed my portfolio, such as it was for a seventeen year old. You were candid and encouraging. This meant a lot to me and only more as the years have passed. I ended up attending SVA and eventually became Joe Orlando’s teaching assistant. After school I began penciling for DC, Marvel and the others through the 90’s. Now I run a graphic design practice.

Thank you for setting a realistic tone to my career as a commercial artist, it has never been forgotten.

Best regards,
ALEX MORRISSEY
TRADECRAFT WORDS / DESIGN / IMAGES

To be honest, I don't recall this particular meeting, as I reviewed the portfolios of a number of hopeful young artists during my years at DC. But it was great to hear from Alex and to learn that I'd played a small part in his successful career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment